DMA in cypress CY8C3866AXI-039

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all,

I am new to this forum and cypress IC.

I want to use DMA for caputuring 80 bits data from ADC at a speed of 8MHz.

can you guide me the maximum speed and clock frequency for DMA used and the procedure to use DMA?

Please reply

regards,

PZ

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

On the top of this page is a "Keyword Search". When you enter "DMA" you will easily find the information in the listed articles you are searching for.

You are still in "Clocks & Buffers" forum, not in PSoC3! Will you please enter your next post in the correct place, responses will be faster and more accurate.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Welcome in the fascinating world of PSoCs!

You need the Creator software (download for free from Cypress's website) to configure your PSoC3.

Set up an ADC and a DMA usermodule and study the datasheets. There is a DMA-wizard to help configuring the DMA.

Have you already got a development kit?

Bob

PS: This forum is for Clocks & Buffers. There is a PSoC3 forum where you may ask for further help.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

By the way: There are example projects covering both ADC and DMA, just click on "find example project" in Creator 2.2

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hello all, Thank you for reply. I have already got material and started programming. I want to know the maximum operating frequency and maximum data transfer rate at which DMA works. This is regarding the IC not PSoC creator. Please guide me in DMA theory. Reply awaited. regards   
0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

On the top of this page is a "Keyword Search". When you enter "DMA" you will easily find the information in the listed articles you are searching for.

You are still in "Clocks & Buffers" forum, not in PSoC3! Will you please enter your next post in the correct place, responses will be faster and more accurate.

Bob

0 Likes