Include compiled source code in PSoc Creator project (.a)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hello all, I am fairly new to the PSoc Creator software, still finding my way with it. Problem is as follows, I have code that works, and now i want to send my project but need to keep source closed. Figured out that compiled sources are .a, but how to add them to project (instead of the source code). Did poke around Linker Additional libraries but no luck. Best Regards   
0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

If your code is self contained then I think the best option is to make a library.

On PSOC Creator select File ---> new ---> Project

Click on "Other " tab and select Library

add or copy your files there

then you just distribute the library without souce

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

When you do the project archive you can always delete the source files from

the archive.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

How about just send the hex file?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hello, @Dana Person I'm sending the project needs to continue working, and will only utilize functions and procedures from (closed source) unit via header file. I'm not sure will the compile if i remove the source code (unit is added in Source Files)? @H L as I mentioned before work needs to continue on the project.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

You mean that the other people will continue to developed the project. Is this correct? 

And you only want them to call your functions without giving them the c source file.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can distribute the compiled files + headers and have you tried adding them using the "aditional link files" option?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

If your code is self contained then I think the best option is to make a library.

On PSOC Creator select File ---> new ---> Project

Click on "Other " tab and select Library

add or copy your files there

then you just distribute the library without souce

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

@H L

Yes, you understood correctly.

@Zeta

After more "digging" I came to the same solution. I did try adding the file in Additional Libraries but no success.

I'm confused why it is not possible to easily include compiled files in the project, well it will have to be done through library.

Thank you all for your help, I consider this topic closed

Best Regards

0 Likes