How to set the eclipse environment  to run examples ?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

After I install the  FX3 SDK ,   then I used the eclipse IDE which is included in the installation package to

open the firmware examples , e.g (uvc_examples in firmware location) .  But it seems a lot of errors , it is puzzle me that the types  " uint8 ","uint32"  can not be recognized !   If I define the ( #define uint8  unsigned char ).. ,  some other errors occur!  So I think the errors caused by the enviorment of the IDE. 

But after I install  a JDK(1.5) , the errors  also can not be fixed!!   

I do not know why?  It seems there are some differents between the IDE with the SUN Eclipse ID ! 

Are there have some Docs about how to set the IDE enviorment???

Thanks!

0 Likes
7 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can sb help me ?  I don't know why .  

Thank you very much !

Error information:

**** Build of configuration Default for project firmware ****

cs-make all 

Cannot run program "cs-make": Launching failed

Error: Program "cs-make" is not found in PATH

PATH=

**** Build Finished ****

pls refer to the attachment 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Did you update your SDK? Last SDK is 1.2.3.

--

Best regards, Albert

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear   albertyak,

I have update the SDK to 1.2.3 and also the IDE have updated to the lastest version , and this version IDE  is different from the IDE referred in the guide,  why don't you update the IDE chapter(chapter 12) ???

And which arm toolchain should be chosen as the firmware examples' compiler ? 

And why those type key words (e.g " uint8 , uint32 ...") can not be recognized  by IDE???   Can you offer  me  a doc about how to build the examples in success ? 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is no "uint8",  "uint32".  Do you mean "uint8_t","uint32_t"?

Where do you take examples?

Default path is "C:\Program files\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.2\firmware"

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hi albert, yes the SDK location is right ! and the type is uint8_t   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hi albertyak , seems that some errors is effected by the chain tools developers chosen when they import the projects , and other errors maybe effected by some libs. Then I can not find a DOC which tell developers how to handle the new version eclipse to build the SDK example. Can you tell me how to setup the eclipse environment , or I can not start test your FX3 . And the attachment will show me how I loaded the examples and the errors I encounter.   
0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable
        attachment   
0 Likes