Mechanical interface

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

A client has asked me to redesign a hardware design to be Arduino Compatible (specifically for the PSoC 4, but also in general).

Is there anything resembling a standard document for interfacing to Arduino boards? So far all I've found is "here's an existing board, copy that" with no bill of materials (mainly the stacking connectors) or other mechanical info like min/max board height, component clearances, etc.

Also, electrical information like voltage levels (are these 3.3V, 5V, or ???), standard functions for the data pins (default Chip Select pins, SPI pins, etc?) and what power I can draw off the 3.3V and 5V outputs from the mother board (and are both voltages always there?)?

0 Likes
4 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

The PSoC4 Pioneer Kit comes with full documentation, gerbers etc. Will that help you?

Bob

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

Seems to be some psuedo specs here - playground.arduino.cc/Learning/ArduinoSpecs

I have never seen any association specs as of yet, IEE, etc, but I make no claim to

being an Arduino expert. Of course the Atmel chip spec probably makes most sense

because of the direct interface environment, for the most part.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you would get better asnwers asking on the arduino forums. 

First you have to make it clear if you want to make an arduino shield that will be compatible with arduino or are you going to design a board that will have the arduino form factor and so be able to connect to arduino shields.

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

Building a shield or a motherboard, Atmel chip specs foundation,

most pertainent. But you are still faced with power up/down specs,

if a deprature from the chip specs, hot plug or no.......

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes