CyFi™ Star Network Protocol on PSoC® 3 and PSoC 5

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Demo video is available @ http://www.cypress.com/?rID=73423 Please contact Cypress Tech support for the source code   
0 Likes
11 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Which radio board (and where to get it) did you use in your example? It is hardly to understand in the video and no chance to guess how the name might be written.

Bob

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

At the beginning of the video presenter discussed using this kit -

www.cypress.com/    CY3271

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

But the Kit's board looks quite different from what I can see in the video is stuck into the plug.

Bob

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9

I do not see any RF board plugged into any of the 3 -001 kits.

Did demo leave out actual link because of bind times needed ?

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hi Bob, The radio module used in the demo video is artaflex module( AW24MCHL). you can get if from digikey/future electronics and other distributors etc   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Danaa, The Radio module is very small. Please look at the video once again, The presenter clearly mentions about the radio module. Thanks, -Anandh   
0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Anand, thank you for the prompt answer. If the mentioning of the radio was really "Clearly" I wouldn't have the need to ask for.

You sometimes forget that we here at both ends (you and me) are not speaking natively english. I recently had a look into Arvid's video which contained the narrated text as sub-titles which was easier to read than understanding the narrator. That was a big help.

Bob

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9

Curious why Cypress solution for radio not used ?

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dana,

The radio module is manufactured by our design partner artaflex and it uses Cypress's CYRF7936 CyFi radio.

Thanks,

-Anandh

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bob,

Thanks for valuable feedback.

I will inform the concerned person.

Thanks & Regards,

-Anandh

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Incase anyone is interested,I have a working solution for the older RF chip, CYRF6936,which is in the AWP24S Artaflex RF module for the PSoC3/5.

0 Likes