DMA Wizard

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I have thrown one SPI master and two SPIs slave to my PSoC5LP project. There is one timer triggering one DMA channel and I have declared an array unint16 with 8 values to use it as source data for DMA transactions.

When I fire the  DMA wizard tool, it only offers  destination to SRAM, and the source only points to SRAM too. How can I make the tool to offer every possible destination?

Thanks.

Maxi Guzman

0 Likes
4 Replies
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

If you right click SPIM symbol, then pick "find example project", there is a SPIM_Example

project you can open or add to your exisiting project.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

The DMA-Wizard often does not show all sources and targets for DMA. You'll have to insert them manually which is not too difficult. Cypress told this would be corrected with the next release of Creator.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry for the stupid question, but can someone advice me on how to manually add sources and destinations for the DMA wizard to use. I could not fine any information on the Cypress website.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked
        Select one of the given choices for the target (SRam), then click next and fill in the correct register for the destination. Lookup the name in the component's .h-file.   

Bob   
0 Likes