how to download the binary firmware file to fx2lp RAM

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear sir/mam,

there is no utility given in the cyusb for linux to download the binary firmware file to RAM of the FX2LP.

need help any idea please let me know,

Regards,

rohaan

0 Likes
9 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear sir,

Thanks for the reply

I am using cyusb linux as terminal utility and i didnt found any code or utility which can download the binary firmware file .bix

regards

rohan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

In the linux SDK, you can find fx2_download.cpp file in the path: cyusb_linux_1.0.4\gui_src

There functions for RAM load and EEPROM load for FX2LP.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear sir,

@ NIKL

i am using cyusb_linux_1.0.3 thats what i got in the package FX3_SDK_B125. but i didnt found any of the code which will Download binary file(.bix firmware) to RAM. can you please upload this source file for me please, i willl be greatful if you can

Thanks and Regards

rohaan

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

PFA

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi rohan,
.bix is an old format. We've been using .hex for quite some time now.
why would you still want to use .bix? please let us know.
Regards,

Anand

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear sir,

@NKL Thanks sir i will look in to download.cpp and thanks for the help i will go throught it. Thanks again.

@assi sir i know everybody uses the .hex almost evrybody but i have ready firmware with .bix format and now its hard to get this in .hex Your very much right but i have .bix firmware only

Thanks for all the help.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe you can just rename .bix to .hex

The data will remain same. You can confirm that by comparing the files.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

.bix is binary data i.e. the data at a particular offset is the data to be written to the RAM.
.hex is the intel hex file format representation of the same (has : , address , checksum overhead). .hex specific utility isn't supposed to work for .bix. Please check your firmware download sequence and let me know what happens.

Regards,

Anand

0 Likes