unable to build project after copying it

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
KeYp_290406
Level 4
Level 4

I have a rather large project that I have been able to create evolving versions of by just copying the entire workspace folder. I have accumulated several versions over time this way. Now that I'm using creator 2.1 I'm getting the fitter error "Entry point was not found" whenever I try to build. There is no location for the error so I don't know where it's coming from. I've also tried "save project as" with the same result. Did something change in 2.1 that makes it difficult to copy existing projects? I'm still able to build the origninal project with no problem. Only the copy will not build.

0 Likes
6 Replies
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

Without having a solution for your immediate problem - why not using a real version control system? Just install git or subversion, and off you go. No more copying stuff around, and no changes will get lost (and you even get a nice diff for each one...).

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

There is the function "Create Workspace Bundle" which ballows to generate a (compressed) archieve of your project. My experiences show that these archieves can be expanded anywhere and work as expected.

I presume you did a "Clean and Build Project" already.

Bob

0 Likes
KeYp_290406
Level 4
Level 4

Today it's building without errors. No changes were made to the project. I guess just chalk it up to quirky things that happen as software gets more and more complicated.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Responding to hli:

I'm using git after being frustrated with the "bundle" functionality many times. However there seems to be no clear direction on which files must be tracked (in addition to the obvious source and schematics) in order for correct build to be guaranteed. Do you know? I've been away from PSoC and this forum for a couple of months so apologies if this has been asnwered elsewhere...

~Abhijit

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

Google found me a knowledgebase article about that:

http://www.cypress.com/?id=4&rID=76644

Basically it boils down to this:

• all files / code that you wrote by yourself
  •     
  • main.c and device.h
  •     
  • *.cydwr, *.cyprj; *.cysch
  •     
  • generated sources only when you added code to them (which  is not recommended)
  •    

Anything else can be added to the  ignore list of your SCCS.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you are using PSoC3 and defines your own re-entrance function, you need the *.cyre file as well.

0 Likes