Advertising interval on non-connectable undirected advertising (ADV_NONCONN_IND)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear Team

I need to send 13 BLE advertisement packet per second on ADV_NONCONN_IND mode, and also I understand that on that condition will not available to adjust less than 100msec according to SIG V4.0-Vol2-7.8.5 item.

Would you please help me any way in order to advertising on that circumstance.

Thank you

Daniel

0 Likes
1 Solution

assuming you choose 100ms to be the advInterval and 10ms to be advDelay, then the T_advEvent will be 110ms. Then, you can only do 9 advertising events in 1s.

since you are referring to the core specs, check out page 2222 of that document. Or search Advertising Interval in volume 6 (only).

View solution in original post

6 Replies
BoonT_56
Employee
Employee
500 likes received 250 likes received 100 likes received

You may have to reconsider your strategy. The max number of advertising events under adv-nonconn-ind is 9, assuming the max advDelay of 10ms.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm still confusion on your response, would you give me more detail?

please note the below which scrap from SIG 4.0 VOL2 7.8.5

The Advertising_Interval_Min and Advertising_Interval_Max shall not be set to ess than 0x00A0 (100 ms) if the Advertising_Type is set to 0x02 ADV_SCAN_IND) or 0x03 (ADV_NONCONN_IND).

Thank you

0 Likes

assuming you choose 100ms to be the advInterval and 10ms to be advDelay, then the T_advEvent will be 110ms. Then, you can only do 9 advertising events in 1s.

since you are referring to the core specs, check out page 2222 of that document. Or search Advertising Interval in volume 6 (only).

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it possible to change the advInterval to 80msec instead of 100msec even SIG limited the value on non-connectable event type?

Thank you

0 Likes

That would be a violation of the spec. and so we cannot support changing it to under 100mS.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your opinion.

0 Likes