FRAM Radiation test data

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Do you have any test data available for radiation exposure and SEU/SEL on the FRAM parts? I'm specifically looking at FM22LD16 parts, but anything would be good. Looking to get confidence in these parts for a radiation harsh environment.

cheers

Mat

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Volatile memories, DRAM and SRAM, use a capacitor to store charge or a simple latch to store state. These cells can be upset by alpha particles, cosmic rays, heavy ions, gamma, x-rays, etc. which cause bits to flip to an opposite state to cause a soft error. Since the F-RAM cell stores the state as a PZT film(lead zirconate titanate ) polarization, a particle hit is very unlikely to cause the polarization to change a given cell’s state.   

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hi, I have attached a document which shows the test results of FRAM (in general) for susceptibility to external electromagnetic field and radiation. However, this doesn't give information about SER. I hope this document is useful to you. Regards, Asha   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Volatile memories, DRAM and SRAM, use a capacitor to store charge or a simple latch to store state. These cells can be upset by alpha particles, cosmic rays, heavy ions, gamma, x-rays, etc. which cause bits to flip to an opposite state to cause a soft error. Since the F-RAM cell stores the state as a PZT film(lead zirconate titanate ) polarization, a particle hit is very unlikely to cause the polarization to change a given cell’s state.   
0 Likes