PC restarts when queuing more then 32 in Streamer

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi!

I've noticed first of all that when I set packets per transfer to 256 while trimming the queuing,

the throughput stays quite constat (180MB/s) till 32 transfers to queue, but asap I set the queue to 64 the PC restarts.

What's the problem?

Furthermore, why it doesn't allow me to set 512 packets per transfer? It says: Maximum of 4MB per transfer. Packets reduced.

Thank you!

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

That might be a limitation with the host controller and drivers that you are using. You can update the drivers if there are any updated ones.

What is the firmware image that you are using?. You can use the firmware image which is there in the attachment of following application note:

http://www.cypress.com/?rID=84341

We have seen numbers more than 400MBps with the images attached to the above mentioned application note and with the streamer application. Also please use C++ based streamer application to see the better data rates.

Also, please let us know the operating system that you are using.

Thanks,

Sai Krishna.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hi! I am using streaming in firmware. Host with win7 x86. Tried out the c++ streamer and indeed is faster, it reaches 190MB/s. Thank you for the tip, going to test the optimization. Thanks.   
0 Likes