How can I pair WICED sense module to win 7?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wanted to try a sample program on my laptop using the default WICED FW. I downloaded the drivers that comes with SDK as well as Silicon Labs but no luck as it seems they are used only to download FW to WICED module using the USB cable. Win 7 Device Manager shows errors as there are no drivers available (pictures attached).

Is there a quick guide to help starting coding windows applications?

How can I get access to WICED API using VS2008 or VS2010?

Thanks,

1 Solution
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

We include Windows based applications within the WICED Smart SDK.

One such example is hello_client, which works in conjunction with hello_sensor.

It sounds like you have two issues:

Installing the Silicon Labs USB to Serial drivers on your PC which will allow the SDK to work with the WICED Sense EVB in a development environment. This thread: Can I run any of the included profiles within the SDK on the WICED Sense EVB? Will help you both install the drivers and get a sample program working. Note that you need to make sure the WICED Sense device is unplugged when the drivers are installed, then you may also need to reboot, then plug the device in.

Your second issue is related to the fact that Windows 7 does not support Bluetooth LE natively.  You will need a dongle of some sort. For that dongle to work with the client apps in the SDK, you will ned to find a dongle that leverages our BCM20702 and the Broadcom BTW drivers.  This thread describes: Re: Interested in using Broadcom’s Windows stack for Windows 7?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

We include Windows based applications within the WICED Smart SDK.

One such example is hello_client, which works in conjunction with hello_sensor.

It sounds like you have two issues:

Installing the Silicon Labs USB to Serial drivers on your PC which will allow the SDK to work with the WICED Sense EVB in a development environment. This thread: Can I run any of the included profiles within the SDK on the WICED Sense EVB? Will help you both install the drivers and get a sample program working. Note that you need to make sure the WICED Sense device is unplugged when the drivers are installed, then you may also need to reboot, then plug the device in.

Your second issue is related to the fact that Windows 7 does not support Bluetooth LE natively.  You will need a dongle of some sort. For that dongle to work with the client apps in the SDK, you will ned to find a dongle that leverages our BCM20702 and the Broadcom BTW drivers.  This thread describes: Re: Interested in using Broadcom’s Windows stack for Windows 7?

0 Likes