wiced sense not running my download

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

In the SDK, I copied the WICED_Sense folder under 'Apps' to another folder  under Apps, which I called AC_WICED_Sense.  Then I created another make target named AC_WICED_Sense, and hacked the code:

In wiced_sense.h, I changed all 'Features' from 1 to 0.  (Top 15 or so lines of the file.)

It seems to build and download my AC_WICED_Sense app ok, but all the sensors are still working (I can view them in the demo phone app).  In other words, I think it is SAYING that my modified code was downloaded, but I don't think it is running my code on the device.

What gives?  I just want to make sure it really is my code that is running, so I can then go play with the LEDs and buzzer and things.

Any ideas?

-AC

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

After building the firmware and downloading it via usb to the device, what do I have to do to insure the code is running?

There seems to be some sequence of 'reset' button, usb unplug, etc...etc... that I need to do to reboot the device.

Sometimes when I build and download it, it starts running. But if I then repeat the same build and download it reports a 'not a recognized device' error.

-AC

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog
0 Likes
VikramR_26
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins 10 sign-ins 10 comments on KBA

Yes what you have done is correct, the WICED sense firmware has the code architecture for the sensors to be shut off, but the hardware is not designed to do that. So on changing those options you would still read the sensors value.

Anonymous
Not applicable

After building the firmware and downloading it via usb to the device, what do I have to do to insure the code is running?

There seems to be some sequence of 'reset' button, usb unplug, etc...etc... that I need to do to reboot the device.

Sometimes when I build and download it, it starts running. But if I then repeat the same build and download it reports a 'not a recognized device' error.

-AC

0 Likes

At this point, you will now need to make sure the WICED Sense EVB is placed into programming mode (in Application Mode by default).  Follow the guidance in the thread here: Re: Hackathon - Embedded Tips and Tricks

Note that some have gotten this to work by holding the wake button for 3 seconds, but I had to crack the kit open and hit reset to get the part into programming mode.

This is a very common issue.

You can use one of the available BLE Explorers to verify using your smartphone that the app is running.

0 Likes