PSOC 4 CY8CKIT-049 kit, Bootloader reported error 'Packet Length invalid'

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am new to PSoC and using  PSoC4 CY8CKIT-049 kit. I tested it with LED blink program and its working fine. Now I tried to see result for ADC but I am getting error- Bootloader reported error 'Packet data invalid': The packet sent to the bootloader does not conform to the required packet format.

The program I wrote is a simple one. Programm inside for loop is:

aVal  = ADC_GetResult16(0);

LED_Write(!LED_Read());

if(aVal> 2047) aVal = 2047;

if(aVal<1) aVal = 1;

aVal == aVal/2 +100;

CyDelay(aVal);

0 Likes
11 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Welcome in the forum!

This error is not related to the program you have written, it is a matter of communications between your bootloader which is already programmed into your kit and which cannot be overwritten.

Check the bootloadable component for the correct path to your original bootloader .hex and .elf files.

Check the baud rate settings

Triple check whether you took the correct com port

Check for the right blinking mode when kit was inserted with switched pressed.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have checked again and again, but unable to find any error. Now when I am running my led blink program, it is showing the same error, but still the led is blinking. Not getting what is going wrong.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Can you please post your complete project, so that we all can have a look at all of your settings. To do so, use
Creator->File->Create Workspace Bundle (minimal)
and attach the resulting file.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have the same problem. After a working day with the kit, at the end the bootloader has sent me the same error, for all programs which had already worked .

Some additional info: I updated Psoc Creator to 4.0 and, also Cy_Boot to the last version together with the components according to Forum disscutions. The result is the same "Packet data invalid" for all my programs and for both kits. Should be a issue of  configuration.

CY8CKIT 049 4125 AXI 483 

CY8CKIT 049 4245 AXI 483

Please, give me an advice!

Thank You!

0 Likes
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hi Danyi,

We are able to program your attached program once the dependencies are set correct. 
To change dependency: 
1. In the schematic view, right-click the Bootloadable component and select Configure.
2.In the configuration window, select the Dependencies tab and click the Browse button to point to the HEX and ELF files present in the ‘Dependencies’ folder under project directory. It will be present in the 49 kit specific files you have installed. Copy the complete path to the files in the appropriate fields. 

This should solve the problem.

Best Regards,
VSRS

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am new to PSoC and using  PSoC4 CY8CKIT-049 kit. I tested it with LED blink program and at the beginning it was working fine. After I tested with the CapSense project and CapSense proximity project it was also working well. But yesterday I added another project and now when I try to send my application on the board I am getting error- Bootloader reported error 'Packet data invalid': The packet sent to the bootloader does not conform to the required packet format.

So I tried uninstall and re-install PSoC Creator and started again with the SCB_Bootloadable project and now nothing is working and I have ALWAYS this error : "Packet data invalid ... "

Do you have any solution for me ?

Best Regards,

Agathe

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Welcome in the forum, Agathe.

The project bundle does not contain all data.

Can you please post your complete project so that we all can have a look at all of your settings. To do so, use
Creator->File->Create Workspace Bundle (minimal)
and attach the resulting file.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your quick answer Bob. I'm posting it !

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

At first: Some of your components are outdated. Use Creator -> Project -> Update Components. Repeat that for all your projects.

Make sure you are using the bootloader hex and elf file that came with your prototype kit because that is programmed into your chip (and cannot be changed easily).

Think about getting another (better) kit as the CY8CKIT-043. Main advantage (beside newer chip) is the ability for debugging your programs which can be a tremendous help.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks a lot it works !

Agathe

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Congratulations!