Can FX3 dynamically switch between high-speed and super speed in run-time by program?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

I am developing a function that I hope the usb controller, FX3 can dynamically be switched between Super Speed and High Speed in run-time by program.

But I don't know if the FX3 can support. Does the FX3 support this function? if it is, could anyone suggest me how to do? 

Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Yes, FX3 can switch between superspeed to high speed on run time.

force a USB Disconnection by calling CyU3PConnectState (CyFalse, CyFalse) to force a software disconnection of USB; and then again call CyU3PConnectState (CyTrue, CyFalse); (so that the device now re-enumerates as a high speed device.

If you again want to revert to Super speed, call CyU3PConnectState (CyFalse, CyFalse) followed by CyU3PConnectState (CyTrue, CyTrue)

Regards,

- Madhu Sudhan

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Yes, FX3 can switch between superspeed to high speed on run time.

force a USB Disconnection by calling CyU3PConnectState (CyFalse, CyFalse) to force a software disconnection of USB; and then again call CyU3PConnectState (CyTrue, CyFalse); (so that the device now re-enumerates as a high speed device.

If you again want to revert to Super speed, call CyU3PConnectState (CyFalse, CyFalse) followed by CyU3PConnectState (CyTrue, CyTrue)

Regards,

- Madhu Sudhan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Madhu,

Okay. Thank you for the accurate response.

Regards

Jimmy Tsai

0 Likes