write 100 Byte Data on App And Receive Same

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

hello 

Im New to Cypress BLE ,

And Im Not Getting How To Write Data on  App From BLE module.

Please Help Me Out..

0 Likes
18 Replies
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

Your app should poll the attribute in question regulary. The BLE module just writes data to the attribute on its side, the app ask for it when it thinks it needs an update.

You can also set up a notification, then the app gets notified when something changes.

Read the BLE introduction app note, which explains all of this.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

hello hli

Thank U For Your Reply

I get your Suggestion of ""BLE module just writes data to the attribute on its side, the app ask for it when it thinks it needs an update. "" 

In My Project I use The Third Party App, When I Connect The BLE to App It Get Connected Successfully,And After That App Shows "" Reading System Please Wait.."".

As Per Your Suggestion this means that App Asking For Or Wants To  Read Some Attributes From BLE( I'm Replacing Previous BLE with CYBL-10161 BLE With Same App),

So Can I know that Exactly Which Attribute App Ask Or Want's To Read.

And I Also Wants To Know Exactly Which Event Occur When App Ask Or Wants To Read Attribute

My Project Stuck Here

""When BLE Wants To Write Data On App And When App Wants To Read Data From BLE"".

I'm New To Cypress BLE's.

Please Give Your Valuable Response To me.

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8

Without documentation of the App, or the BLE system you are replacing its difficult to determine which attributes the App want to read.

IMHO The best way is to look for the 'read attribute' callback, and register there (I think this exists somewhere, but I never used so it so I might be wrong). From there you can log (e.g. to the serial port) which attributes the App want to read.

Or you use the CySmart module together with the CySmart app, connect to the old BLE module and look at whioch services and attributes it provides.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

hello hli 

I got your suggessions 

I Have Searched About IMHO but I didnt Got Anything ,

Firstly Im Trying To Familiar With Cypress BLE CYBL-10161 With Cypress APP ,So I can Do Further work On CYBL-10161 Controller.

And I have Try In Many Ways But Im Not Able To Write data On App(CYBLE APP).

I have Made Custom Profile And Wants to Write Data And Read Data From App.

I got Data From App Using Event Like "CYBLE_EVT_GATTS_WRITE_REQ"

but Now Im not Getting How To Write Data On Attribute And Witch Atteribute Then We Can Get Updated Data On App.

Can U Please Send One Of Simple Project Code In Witch I Can Get Atleast  Link Weather How To Write Data On Attribute And Witch Atteribute Then We Can Get Updated Data On App.

On Other Hand My Main Project Is Works Likes "" TRANSPARENT MODE"" 

Means The BLE Module Which I Need To Program Will Get Get Data From Other Controller And Send To The App As it is.

So If I Success to To Write And Read Data On App So I Can Do The Same In Main Project Perfectly.

And Thank You For Your valuable Suggestion.

Please Send One Of Simple Project Code In Witch I Can Get Atleast  Link Weather How To Write Data On Attribute And Witch Atteribute Then We Can Get Updated Data On App.

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8

'IMHO': 'In my humble opinion'

Look in the 100 BLE projects blog, it has many sample projects you can look at. There is are also a lot of Application Notes explaining how BLE and PSoC BLE works.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Hli

Thank You For Your Valuable Response.

I have Done The Data Communication Between Cypress Ble And Cypress APP,

But Now I Didnt Get  How To Communicate With Third Party App And Replace Previous BLE,

Because I dont Have Any Documentation OF APP ,

I Have Created ""Bootsnoop.log"" File Using Mobiles Developer Option.

But In That Also I didn't Recognized Exact Attributes ,

Is There Any Way To Find On Which Attribute  App Wants To Write Data Or Wants To Read The Data.

I Have Attached Bootsnoop.log Files OF Both 

1.App Communication With Previous Ble(Current System).  

2.App Communication With Cypress BLE Witch Now I Want To Replace With Pervious BLE.

Can You Please Tell Me Which Attributes APP Want To Read And  Write Same.

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8

No, without source code of the app you won't find out which attributes it wants to read. (Apart from what I wrote already)

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I Have Also De-compile  APP using App De-compiler , Would It Help Or Not.

Please Suggest Any Other Way.. 

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

You hopefully know that it is illegel reverse-engineering any application?

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes Bob We Are Trying To Contact With App Developer.

And We Are Doing This Project With All Permission Of Vendor For Which APP And BLE Device Get Developed.

And We Are Not Modifying APP We Are Modifying BLE Devise .

So Nothing Is Illegal.

So Our Problem Is That We Don't Know About How App Communicating With BLE and Which Attributes It Use.

Please Tell Us If  You Have Any Suggestions .

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8

As I said, if you have an original BLE device with the original code on it (which talks with the app), then you can use the CySmart program to look at all the services, characteristics and attributes of it. This is then what your new code needs to handle as well.

You could also use a BLE sniffer (such as https://www.adafruit.com/product/2269 ) to listen in on the BLE communication.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

hello Sir 

I'm looking To Buy Cypress CY5670 CySmart USB Dongle As Per your Suggestion ,

But I have One Question That Is this USB Dongle Can read Other Than Cypress BLE  Module ?

Because I Want to read Original BLE Device  With Original Code On it But It Not Manufacture Or Developed By Cypress .

So Is This USB Dongle Can Read Other Manufacture Or Developers BLE OR It Can Be Used Only For Cypress BLE??

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

BLE is an industry standard, it is not a Cypress communication invention. As you might see there is a remote control device based on a Cypress module like the CY5670 and Cypress doesn't manufacture TVs. 😉

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Yes bob sure I know that ☺️ Thing Is that I never used cypress dongle and I need to purchase it . Yes I have read lot of things about Cysmart USB dongle on cypress site. And I have doubt about its compatibility with other ble. When any manufacturer build any tool ,it compatible with there own products only. So I don't know about compatibility of Cysmart USB dongle. So Before blindly purchase it i should I ask anyone who knows it better than me. So can u please tell me where I should purchase it or not?? Weather it can communicate with my other BLE??☺️   
0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Cypress parts are BLE qualified.

Bluetooth is an institution that qualifies (or rejects) devices. So the question stays the same: Do your Android or IOS devices support BLE?

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Bob Are You Getting My Point??

I'm Not Talking About Android or IOS devices.

At Original BLE CC2541 BLE IC Are Used Which Manufactured By Texas.

So i need To Just Verified By you That Is Cypress CY5670 CySmart USB Dongle Can Read Attributes And Services Of  Texas CC2541 Or Not??

So I can Buy It to read Texas CC2541.

I'm Getting Confused On that.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Ranjit, Aren't you getting my point?

When the government (BLE institution) forces everybody to drive on the left hand side of the street (follow the ble specs) someone driving on the right hand side (mis-use BLE specs) will get his license (permission to use the name "BLE") wthdrawn.

BLE specs are made by the Buetooth consortium to ensure that different devices from different manufacturers can exchange information. Trust it or leave it. Check which BLE version is supported by your texas chip and compare that to the Cypress version.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

When devices are certified as BLE, then they will communicate/work with any other certified BLE devices. Cypress is Certified, and hence the question is not whether Cypress chips will work, but rather that the other devices you have are certified BLE devices.

0 Likes