BLE Profiles: use more than one profile and service

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm starting to develop a system for smartphone interface.

The idea is to develop some services that work together for example HID and ANCS/ANS.

All this functions are possible to work without APPs on the smartphone.

In your opinion it is possible to have this kind of  services in your micro?

Of course this means an implementation ad hoc because all the suppliers work with APPS.

I'm very interesting in this matter, if someone could give me a response, I'll appreciate very much. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

It sounds like you want to know if it is possible to write software libraries that can interact with each other? The answer is yes.

Or maybe, you are asking if it is possible to dynamically enable/disable the services/functions in the libraries? I believe it is possible, but I'm not sure of a good way to go about doing it. Theoretically, anything that runs on a phone can run on a microcontroller, since a phone is just a big microcontroller with lots of peripherals and a large battery. (And thousands of hours of software code).

I would say the answer to your question overall is a yes 🙂

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

It sounds like you want to know if it is possible to write software libraries that can interact with each other? The answer is yes.

Or maybe, you are asking if it is possible to dynamically enable/disable the services/functions in the libraries? I believe it is possible, but I'm not sure of a good way to go about doing it. Theoretically, anything that runs on a phone can run on a microcontroller, since a phone is just a big microcontroller with lots of peripherals and a large battery. (And thousands of hours of software code).

I would say the answer to your question overall is a yes 🙂

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the response.

The second request is if there are some examples, using the Cypress BLE micro, with more then one services that I can use for testing. In other words I'm sure that you have some examples with single service implemented, but I don't see different examples.  

Thanks again

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

This page has some examples, but not sure any of them have multiple services implemented on the same example: http://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/cypresss-custom-ble-profiles-and-services

I would think the BLE side of the example is easy to integrate, as the GATT DB handles things more or less asynchronously across services. As far as the main.c code, you would have to write it to implement what you are thinking 🙂

This project looks like it has both a "CapSense" and a "RGB LED" service together; Possibly a good starting point? https://github.com/cypresssemiconductorco/PSoC-4-BLE/tree/master/100_Projects_in_100_Days/Day003_Cus...