CY8CKIT-042-BLE Kit install error

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

I downloaded the CY8CKIT-042-BLE Kit (04/07/2016) and installed it. At the end of the installation, I've got an error:

Installer could not launch Update Manager. Check whether Update Manager is installed.

I don't think it is something I can safely ignore.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Welcome in the forum.

You could ignore that. But it would be good to check whether the <Cypress update manager has been installed. If so, you can start it manually, if not you need to re-install Creator 4.1

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Welcome in the forum.

You could ignore that. But it would be good to check whether the <Cypress update manager has been installed. If so, you can start it manually, if not you need to re-install Creator 4.1

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

O.K. I'll ignore it then.

I can't use PSoC Creator v4 for the compatibility reasons. I have to stick to v3. The software package comes with CY8CKIT-042-BLE has another strange thing about Peripheral Driver Library. The library seems to be installed I can't reconfigure/uninstall it. It looks like it is PARTIALLY installed. I had to download PDL1.2 separately and overwrite it, which causes the Update Manager error once more. But I will ignore that too.

Just out of curiosity, PSoC Creator v.3 is no longer supported by Cypress?

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

There is no need to stick to Creator 3.x It is co-existent with Crerator 4 versions. I would suggest to update to latest version.

What exactly is the reason for using the old version?

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Current project I'm working on was built on 3.X, whose version was freezed with products that are already on the market. We are not going to upgrade it unless we have to.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

The PSoC Creator updates generally improve quality of code generation, hardware utilization from code, and bugfixes (such as seen above). Since the code on the cypress chips themselves doesn't change/update on it's own, and the code for the PSoC 4 creator will compile, build, and run on the same devices that the PSoC 3 Creator compiles,builds, and runs for, I would recommend updating the PSoC creator, but that is your decision to make 🙂

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would consider v4 if it is a new project. However it is not the case. Unless Cypress guarantees the compatibility legally which is something you never assume, the liability is on you.

0 Likes