Scan Request packet

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reference link:

https://cdn-learn.adafruit.com/assets/assets/000/013/825/medium800/microcontrollers_Advertising2.png...

I was trying  to communicate via two ble without having to make connections via scan req and scan scan response packet.

For Example- on receiving advertisement on my central device. I will send a scan request packet then only my peripheral device which is advertising will send the scan response packet.

Could anyone point me in the direction of more information regarding the same.

0 Likes
1 Solution
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hi Ayush,

It depends upon the scan type of Central. If active scanning , the central will send scan request upon receiving adv packet from the peripheral.

You don't have to do it, stcak will do it automatically, if you have choosen the scan type 'active'.

Thanks,
Anjana

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
himam_31
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hello,

Can you confirm if you want the broadcaster mode? Here data will be advertised and there is no connection.

Thanks,

Hima

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

No i dont want the broadcaster mode. My peripheral device will only return the scan response packet to the specific central on receiving the scan request from that central.

0 Likes
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hi Ayush,

It depends upon the scan type of Central. If active scanning , the central will send scan request upon receiving adv packet from the peripheral.

You don't have to do it, stcak will do it automatically, if you have choosen the scan type 'active'.

Thanks,
Anjana

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi anpm,

How often does the Central send scan request to the peripheral? Is it once every Scan interval as defined by the Scan Timeout?

Thanks.

0 Likes