KitProg USBUART driver can't install

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am unable to use CySmart1.2 with the CY5670 CySmart USB Dongle supplied with the Bluetooth low energy pioneer kit.

I have been using this device successfully (with CySmart1.2) until this morning when CySmart1.2 simply won't show up anything in the Select BLE Dongle Target pop-up window on start-up.

I believe the issue to be with the windows driver as I have updated the dongle to the latest version (KitProg Version 2.18) using PSoc Programmer 3.26. I've been using this program successfully for the entire time I've worked with the pioneer kit so have no reason to suppose the issue lies here.

When I open device manager I see the yellow warning triangle on the 'KitProg USBUART' symbol located in the 'Other devices' dropdown. This shows the driver is not installed correctly and when I try to update the driver using the automatic search it states that it cannot locate the driver software. I have downloaded and installed CypressDriverInstaller_1 which has not resolved the issue. I have tried uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling them with no success.

I am running windows 7 on a 64 bit machine.

0 Likes
1 Solution
GeonaP_26
250 solutions authored 100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored
0 Likes
8 Replies
himam_31
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hello,

Did you try programming the .hex file available with the C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\CySmart\1.2\dongle folder? Can you try programming the .hex file from PSoC Programmer and try again.

Thanks,

Hima

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your response. I have just tried this and it has not worked. For reference, the file in said folder is: BLE_4_1_Dongle_CySmart_128K.hex

Programming this file has made no difference in the device manager - I can still see that the KitProg USBUART driver is not installed properly. Can you direct me to the correct driver for this? As I mentioned in my first post, I have already installed the CypressDriverInstaller_1 download without any luck.

0 Likes
himam_31
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

The USBUART .inf files are part of PSoC programmer. Can you try installing the latest version of PSoC Programmer.

Thanks,

Hima

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

As stated in my first message, I am using PSoC Programmer V3.26 which as far as I can see is the most up to date version.

0 Likes
GeonaP_26
250 solutions authored 100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored

Please re-install the PSoC Programmer from: <http://www.cypress.com/products/psoc-programming-solutions>.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

This worked, thanks for your help

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

This not worked for me, I have installed the last version of PSoC Programmer V3.27.3  and the yellow triangle appears in a COMXX, each time I try XX+1, now COM23, Windows find a problem in a not valid INF section of KitProg USB-UART

This is Windows Embedded 8 32-bit

0 Likes
StKr_1203736
Level 3
Level 3
First like received 10 replies posted 10 sign-ins

Thank you SOOOOO much for your useless non-answer.  "

Please re-install the PSoC Programmer from: <http://www.cypress.com/products/psoc-programming-solutions>."

leads to a 'Page not found' error.

I am having essentially the same problem. I am using PSoC programmer 3.29.

I suspect that part of the problem is that I updated the KitProg firmware in the Dongle to 2.10. There is no way to revert to an earlier version.

I am actually trying to work with a CY8PROTO-063-BLE board. There are driver issues with BOTH boards. I will rate the out-of-box experience F-.

StKr_1203736_0-1615482236348.png

0 Likes