Adding android phone and BLE dongle to the whitelist

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am using PSoC 4 BLE ( CY8CKIT-042-BLE PIONEER KIT ). Can anyone please guide me on how to add android phone and BLE dongle to the whitelist of BLE module?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

1. In order to store data between resets/power loss/power downs, you will need to write the stack/whitelist to flash/nvm memory. You will need to use the function CyBle_StoeBondingData() (associated comments and documentation should be in the creator IDE). This will store it permanently until you either erase it, or remove it in some way later.

2. If your device is configured to require bonding, then it might be that you need to bond with the module before being able to access the characteristics/attributes. It does depend on your BLE component settings on the PSOC 4 BLE module however, as that is where you set the requirements for whitelist/bonding.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
himam_31
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Please have a look at the example project:http://www.cypress.com/blog/100-projects-100-days/project-014-whitelist

Thanks,

Hima

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

1. Even though it is possible to add our android phone and BLE dongle to the whitelist using "Tera Term", it is temporary. If the Pioneer Board is powered off or the reset button is pressed then the devices, which are whitelisted to BLE module will be removed from whitelist.

2. Even though our android phone is whitelisted to BLE module successfully, this BLE module can't be controlled using "CySmart Android App" ( scanning, connecting ).

Can you please help us on this?

0 Likes

I am able to  connect CySmart (PC version) to my CY8CKIT-042-BLE module using above program but I am having difficulty to connect it to CySmart(Android version). I added address of my android phone to whitelist but was unable to connect, then I obtained peer address of my android phone(using other project) by connecting CySmart (Android version) using CyBle_GapGetPeerBdAddr() and added to whitelist without turning OFF the bluetooth of my android phone but still unable to connect please guide me since you successfully connected device to your android phone.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

1. In order to store data between resets/power loss/power downs, you will need to write the stack/whitelist to flash/nvm memory. You will need to use the function CyBle_StoeBondingData() (associated comments and documentation should be in the creator IDE). This will store it permanently until you either erase it, or remove it in some way later.

2. If your device is configured to require bonding, then it might be that you need to bond with the module before being able to access the characteristics/attributes. It does depend on your BLE component settings on the PSOC 4 BLE module however, as that is where you set the requirements for whitelist/bonding.

0 Likes