ADC with input range 0~4.5V single ended. How do I use PSOC5 LP?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a low frequency (KHz) sensor with input range from 0 ~ 4.5V. What's the best way to sample with PSOC5 LP? 

Is it possible to use PSOC Op-Amp to scale it down to the range of PSOC ADC and sample, and how? 

I have chosen PSOC5 LP because the other part of the design uses it. The Op-Amp and ADC is not occupied. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

For PSoC5LP-

Voltage range: 1.71 to 5.5 V

View solution in original post

3 Replies
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

What voltage are you using for your PSOC 5 lp if it is 5 volts you could read the sensor with out any issues.  Please post your code or give us the Sensor part number so we can determine what would be the best way to measure the device.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just read about the 5V compatibility of the PSOC5 LP and it's worth exploring. My sensor uses a few 5V level digital control pins, and an analog signal with 4.5V range. 

I use this board, mikromedia for PSoC 5LP, the datasheet doesn't have much information to talk about. From the datasheet I can't figure out whether I can apply 5V through at the battery connector. Are you able to help me on that? 

It's an expensive board to test on. 🙂 

https://shop.mikroe.com/mikromedia-3-psoc-5lp

0 Likes

For PSoC5LP-

Voltage range: 1.71 to 5.5 V