Attempting to do an OTA Update on top of an OTA Update, need help

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm running the fixed stack OTA update example code, no changes. Let's say I do one over the air update to change the LED from blinking red to blinking green. If then I try and do another OTA update to change it back from green to red, the bootloader doesn't start. How can I make it so the bootloader still runs after the first OTA update? I would like to do consecutive OTA updates an arbitrary number of times. Please help. Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

You would have to modify the application code to either automatically go into the OTA bootload/update mode upon completing a previous OTA update and have a command to exit once done with all, or you will need to add code to start another bootload based on a command, and then send the command after each bootload. I don't know why you would want that functionality though, as updating the firmware with the last image would be the same as stepping through "an arbitrary number of times"

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

You would have to modify the application code to either automatically go into the OTA bootload/update mode upon completing a previous OTA update and have a command to exit once done with all, or you will need to add code to start another bootload based on a command, and then send the command after each bootload. I don't know why you would want that functionality though, as updating the firmware with the last image would be the same as stepping through "an arbitrary number of times"

0 Likes