Basics about PSoC 5LP

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello everyone
By reference to the first generation of PSoC (PSoC 1),the analog input range is 0-5 volt with AGND equal to 2.5v if Ref Mux=(Vdd/2)+/-(Vdd/2).
by using psoc 5lp , the range is [0-1.020]v or [0-4.080]v ???
also vref =1.020 as default, why that ?why my analog input shouldn't exceeded 4.080 v?
the range in psoc 1 is better than psoc 5,right ?

What is the equivalent of AGND in psoc 5lp ???This is a question in need of an answer.
the problem is :

i worked on psoc1 cy8c29466 with range 0-5 v and agnd=2.5 , i have implemented a big project using it and It works well, i want to development it by using psoc5lp cy8c5888 ,But there is a difference in input voltage range ,and AGND ??
please help

I have attached image about my project using PSoC1
Thanks in advance

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

With the correct choice the ADC input range is 0 to 5V (Vadd). You may provide a 2.5V reference (DAC) and configure the ADC as differential.

Aamof the ADC within the PSoC5 are more sophisticate than in PSoC1, although the former lacks some analog functionality the PSoC1 has. I would suggest you to start with a CY8CKIT-059  which you can get from a local distri for US$10. You even could think about using a PSoC4 chip which is a bit smaller than a PSoC5 but still is quite better than the PSoC1.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

With the correct choice the ADC input range is 0 to 5V (Vadd). You may provide a 2.5V reference (DAC) and configure the ADC as differential.

Aamof the ADC within the PSoC5 are more sophisticate than in PSoC1, although the former lacks some analog functionality the PSoC1 has. I would suggest you to start with a CY8CKIT-059  which you can get from a local distri for US$10. You even could think about using a PSoC4 chip which is a bit smaller than a PSoC5 but still is quite better than the PSoC1.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Q1 :what is the difference between using  vdac8 or vref as a voltage reference ??
vref=vdda/2 (which equal 2.5 v)
vadc=2496 mv (8bit Hex=9c)
Q2 :what is the difference between using ADC_SAR or ADC_delsig ???

please review the images attached

< my signal is sine in range [-2.5-+2.5]v with offset=2.5v => the input signal in range [0,5]v arround 2.5v as agnd

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

A1) Using a DAC allows adjusting the voltage at run-time.

A2) Please check datasheet.

Bob