How to download image into internal RAM by customer application?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
dawa_2529456
Level 4
Level 4
5 sign-ins 5 solutions authored First solution authored

Dear Sir,

I know FX3/CX3 code can be download into internal RAM by control center tools and then re-enumerate again.

So, I also want to use this method in my  application code. My application code find USB bootloader and then download CX3 firmware image into its internal RAM,just like what USB control center do. My app code will do two functionalities, one is USB CONTROL CENTER downloader, the other is a real application ,e.g. UVC host application.

Can you give me some advice for this case?

Best,

David

1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi David,

First you need to identify and get the handle of FX3 Bootloader device. Then you need to call DownloadFw() method of CyFX3Device to write the .img file to RAM. Please refer to section 4.9 of CyUSB.NET.pdf file provided in Fx3 SDK (C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\doc\SuiteUSB)

You can also refer to the Control Center application source code (C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\application\c_sharp\controlcenter)

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi David,

First you need to identify and get the handle of FX3 Bootloader device. Then you need to call DownloadFw() method of CyFX3Device to write the .img file to RAM. Please refer to section 4.9 of CyUSB.NET.pdf file provided in Fx3 SDK (C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\doc\SuiteUSB)

You can also refer to the Control Center application source code (C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\application\c_sharp\controlcenter)

dawa_2529456
Level 4
Level 4
5 sign-ins 5 solutions authored First solution authored

Great,thanks.

0 Likes