Programming devices with unique UUIDs

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
PhGi_2174146
Level 3
Level 3
First like received First like given

I've got some tag boards (BCM92073X_LE_KIT) and custom designed circuits that are all identical based upon the 20736S.  Each time I program one of the tag boards, the device is given a new unique device UUID.  When I program our circuits, they all get the same UUID which causes a conflict with the host - it thinks their the same board and only one can be discovered/connected.  I'm programming in the IDE using the same code and the same target.  I'm using SDK 2.1.1.

Any clue on how to get unique IDs for devices that aren't tags?

0 Likes
1 Solution
PhGi_2174146
Level 3
Level 3

Oops... Long day!  I meant the Bluetooth address not UUID (generated in my case by iOS automatically).  I just found some posts about problems with the wildcard method with the address, so I changed it to use "BT_DEVICE_ADDRESS=random" and now it seems to work fine.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
PhGi_2174146
Level 3
Level 3

Oops... Long day!  I meant the Bluetooth address not UUID (generated in my case by iOS automatically).  I just found some posts about problems with the wildcard method with the address, so I changed it to use "BT_DEVICE_ADDRESS=random" and now it seems to work fine.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for sharing!

JT

0 Likes