Daylight-Saving-Time (DST) in Real-Time-Clock (RTC)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Hi,

I just wanted to set a RTC to European standards for DST which is

DSTStart : Last Sunday in March

DSTEnd : Last Sunday in October

Since I can set the week with RTC_WriteDSTStartWeek(Week), there is not a chance to set Week to the LAST week.

Besides calculating the number of Sundays for a given month myself, I would rather prefer to specify "5" for the week and let the RTC adjust it to the correct value which would be 4 or 5 (There are never more than 5 Sundays in a month and never less than 4)

Is there a chance that the RTC-Module will be updated to reflect the European Standards as of 2000/84/EG ORDERING of DAYLIGHT-SAVING-TIME?

THX

Bob

0 Likes
7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bob,

there is a chance, yes. There have been quite some changes in daylight savings time over the last view years and I would be surprised if we wouldn't see more of these changes. I will make sure that the team responsible for the upcoming specifications gets your input!

Robert

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Hi Robert,

sounds good! And btw: can we have a 24-hour clock as well?

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        LOL you have Problems! xD I'd be glad if my RTC would be running! I've placed the component, I call RTC_1_Start() and I enabled the XTAL 32kHz clock ind the Clock Editor. Do I Need to do something else? Call something else or connect something? The clock just Shows 0:0 with ReadMinute/Second. thanks!   
0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
        Post your complete project, I'll have a look at.   

Bob   
0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored
        If you have a new problem, please open a new thread. Its not that hard...   
Hijacking a two-year-old thread with a new problem will reduce your chances of getting a good answer (its just less visible).   
Thanks!   
0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

If you right click your RTC component, pick "Find example project", you can add

the example project to your workspace, or open it in a new workspace. Either way

you can  cut and paste from the example project to get your up and running.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Thank you for your Responses! I will get back to you when I have results.   
0 Likes