Graphing and storing WICED data

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm completely new to WICED and am looking for tools and/or advice on how store and display streaming graphs of data (several hours in length) from any of the WICED sensors (eg the 3 channels of the eCompass).

I realize this entails writing software/firmware but am at a loss about where to look for tools, especially graphing tools, to get me started.

Thanks for any help on this.

Richard

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Vik86,

Thanks for the prompt reply and for starting me in what looks like a profitable direction. I will start digging further.

Regards,Richard

View solution in original post

2 Replies
VikramR_26
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins 10 sign-ins 10 comments on KBA

Hi Richard,

if you are storing these values in the form of json or csv( which you can do it by writing to a file), there are javascripts such as d3.js for graphing them. If you need something in scripting , python has certain libraries called plotly(Python Graphing Library | Documentation and Examples | plotly). The last I would refer is to matlab   for plotting. Even microsoft excel has plotting tools.

hth

vik86

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Vik86,

Thanks for the prompt reply and for starting me in what looks like a profitable direction. I will start digging further.

Regards,Richard