how to discover all characteristic descriptors

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ZhaohuaS_76
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins 10 questions asked 10 sign-ins

HW: BCM20736

SDK: 2.1.1

Question:

I use the BCM20736 as a central device, central need to discover all the servcies/characteristics/descriptors of the client.

As Core 4.1 spec-Vol3-PartG-Chapter4 said,  use the Read-By-Group-Request to discover all primary/second services and all characteristics of special service, use the Find-Information-Request to discover all characteristic descriptors.

I can find the API "bleprofile_sendReadByGroupTypeReq" for Read-By-Group-Request, but I can't find the API for Find-Informaiton-Request, how to discover all characteristic descriptors?

0 Likes
1 Solution
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

I believe this is a classic use case where you would use a WICED Smart central role device (BCM92073X_LE_KIT or WICED Sense EVB) to talk to other WICED Sense Kits peripheral role devices.

Within the WICED Smart SDK, take a look at the Hello_Client and Hello_Sensor applications.

j.t

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies

Hi Boont,

Not found the Find-Information-Request API in the last SDK.

0 Likes
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

I believe this is a classic use case where you would use a WICED Smart central role device (BCM92073X_LE_KIT or WICED Sense EVB) to talk to other WICED Sense Kits peripheral role devices.

Within the WICED Smart SDK, take a look at the Hello_Client and Hello_Sensor applications.

j.t

0 Likes