emFile for use with SD card...

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am running the emFile_Example01 on PSoC3 Creator 2.2 while interfacing with the PIC18F24K22 MCU.

This application involves logging data to the SD card with the PIC18 being the main MCU while the PSoC3 is only used (for now) as an SD card data logger using the emFile_V322b data files.

I noticed that in order to write data correctly, the firmware for the PIC must be delayed least 100mS between write to the PSoC3 else data on the SD card can be faulty.  I have read on the web that the average SD card delay-betwen-wrtie time is about 10mS.  This is much more acceptable then 100mS.

Data between PIC18 and PSoC3 is via RS-232 at 9600 baud.

I believe that this is an issue with the emFile_V322b files.  Please advise on how to make data logging faster.

p.s.  if this matters at all which I don't thnik - my PSoC3 PN is: CY8C3866LTI-030.  Again all is working fine but at 100mS delay between write. 

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hello dtvonly   
I am using emfile v332b too and also PSoC3 for data logger   
I didn't care about 100ms delay between each writing ever   

You said ...   
I noticed that in order to write data correctly,   
the firmware for the PIC must be delayed least 100mS between write to the PSoC3 ...   

What kind of faulty was happen?   
wrong data? functionally fault?   
Tell more in detail.   
0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

The write to the sd-card is non-blocking, ie the write did not yet finish when the function returns. So, when closing a file directly after writing and re-opening it again there could be some confusion.

Bob

0 Likes