Bluetooth driver support

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

we are going to choose seven Bluetooth USB dongles with the corresponding Bluetooth drivers in Windows for the following scenario:

we have a real master Bluetooth device and we want to connect up to seven Bluetooth devices(dongles attached to PC) at a time from the master device. All dongles could be from the same manufacturer. We write a Windows Bluetooth application to simulate the devices, so, we need also programmable API for drivers.

Now, for this scenario, is it possible to use only one driver( with programmable API or SDK) for those seven Bluetooth USB dongles simultaneously please?

Any note or hint is appreciated!

Thank you a lot!

0 Likes
1 Solution

This is related to the same line of questioning here correct?

Broadcom's Windows stack for Bluetooth 4.1?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
BoonT_56
Employee
Employee
500 likes received 250 likes received 100 likes received

i am not sure how are you going to do that. But if the 7 dongles are from the same vendor with unique bd addresses, you should be able to use the same driver.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, the senario is the master device(car bt radio) searchs for 7 devices and communicate with them. Honestly, what we need is write a Windows application to simulate the dongles as real devices to be connected from the master device(car radio). I am searching a way which dongles and which drivers(with programmable API/SDK) to use. I guess we will have 7 dongles with different bt addresses(even they are from the the same vendor), so that would mean we need to use different drivers for each dongle even from the same vendor?

I thought, it would be nice if use one solid driver for 7 devices and it's programmable API, now I have no imagine how to program for different drivers., any ideas? Thanks!

0 Likes

if you already know the bd addresses, then perhaps you can approach via using a whitelist. why do you think that you will need 7 drivers for 7 devices from the same vendor?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to be sure: in your first post, I think you meant that if each dongle has unique bt adress, i.e., 7 dongles from the same vendor have different uniquely defined addresses then we can use the same driver, right?

If this is right and if this is possible to write c/c++ application for 7 dongles with only 1 driver/API/Socket, it is welcome. If yes, my next question would be what dongles and what driver use for this. Thanks.

By the way, when I say "driver", I mean "Bluetooth stack" on Windows, does it give a meaning? 

0 Likes

This is related to the same line of questioning here correct?

Broadcom's Windows stack for Bluetooth 4.1?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, you are right.  As I wrote here "If yes, my next question would be what dongles and what driver use for this. Thanks", I opened new thread "Broadcom's Windows stack for Bluetooth 4.1?" for this question.

0 Likes