PSOC3 how to make a clock using RTC

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable
        PSOC3 using PSoC Creator 3.0 Want to use the components Real-Time Clock (RTC) with Character LCD can produce a show date and time of the clock. Read the components of the datasheet, still do not understand how to initialize the RTC this component, although the datasheet which a lot of API, but there is no sample code, whether seniors willing pointing. I do not know where to find sample code for these components? Also PSoC Creator 3.0 is the C language format whether keil C architecture? There is no recommended Chinese books.   
0 Likes
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hi MacLiu   
Do you want to use RTC-module in Creator   
I have a PSoC3 RTC design but that using external RTC device   
Because of reason of power supply at back up.   
I haven't use internal RTC, so sorry   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Thank you for your answer. I can understand what you say & built-in RTC power problem Maybe for me this novice Just want to use the more basic functions let me know how to use the API So I would say no sample code Datasheet very difficult for me No way to copy edge learning   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hi   
Didn't you see the datasheet?   
Right click RTC module and "Open Datasheet"   
Is it not enough for you?   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Thank you for your answer ~ I really right-click on the component, select "Open Datasheet" ex: I do not know how to set the current time to the RTC Should look to use RTC_WriteTime () Just use this API to do before in the end of the initial or declaration which set or completely unaware I may be too familiar relationship between the bar c language I'm learning other languages ​​is to find sample code out while watching the results to modify Slowly to understand the function of each syntax or API "My shouts are using GOOGLE translation help."   
0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

Search the forum, there was someone else that worked out an RTC example

if my memory serves me correctly.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

For setting time, date, alarm use the appropiate APIs. As usual initialize the RTC-component first and then set the clock with a RTC_WriteTime().

Be aware that you need a 32kHz crystal to run the RTC.

Read a bit about "structures" and "pointers" in your favourite C - manual since the parameter for RTC_WriteTime() is indeed a pointer to a structure.

Bob

0 Likes