PSoC™ Automotive Multi-Touch CY8CTMA140 - Firmware upgrade through I2C

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm trying to upgrade the firmware of the PSoC™ Automotive Multi-Touch CY8CTMA140 without using the SOC programmer but through I2C interface. I have got the firmware files "ZXXL7C.hex" and "CT5138V01.hex" (each of 70.8Kb size) from Truly vendor.

Following are the issues when I try to upgrade the Firmware,

Reading the Firmware version:

1.       I’m following the below mentioned sequence

W 24 00 00 FF A5 00 01 02 03 04 05 06 07

W 24 11

Then when I read, I got 0x85 0x00 as firmware version, after programming the new firmware  ("ZXXL7C.hex" and "CT5138V01.hex" ) I’m getting same firmware version.  

Updating the firmware with “CT5138V01.hex” / “ZXXL7C.hex”

1.       I’m following the below mentioned sequence

W 24 01

Read back BL_STATUS bit4 – Not set, Retry for 10times with delay of 30ms

W 24 00 00 FF A5 00 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 – Flash command initiate record – Passed

Check_record

Prepare_record

Flash_record

Note: During Flash record I2C write passed only when we set the I2C speed in 100khz and it fails when we set the speed as 400khz

After flashing when I test the multi touch the second PSoC™ Automotive multitouch coordinate comes in junk values (Eg: x – 1900 y – 1000) also this values is not consistent. Is this “CT5138V01.hex” / “ZXXL7C.hex” the correct firmware that I have programmed in the device?

2.       After Programmed the new firmware, restart the device, PCT went back to old state Second touch coordinate always remains (x – 0x00 y – 0x00) and no junk values. Is it need to program the new firmware each time after booting or it is one time programmable?

0 Likes
4 Replies
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

@cypress: can we please get a forum for PSoC™ Automotive Multitouch-device related questions? This is the second posting I see that ends up in the PSoC forums, and I'm pretty sure it won't get a proper answer here...

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

I recomend you post a CASE -

www.cypress.com

“Support”

“Technical Support”

“Create a MyCase”

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Dana. I have created a case as per your suggestion. Hope to get my issue resolved soon. 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agreee with Hli suggestion to open a separare forum for PSoC™ Automotive Multitouch related queries.

0 Likes