Silicon Errata for PSoC 5LP?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi!

I am new to PSoC and one of the first things I look at when starting with a new chip is the silicon errata.

So far I was not able to find such a document and this is somehow strange because it is a very complex chip.

Does such a document exist for PSoC 5LP? Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Anguel

0 Likes
6 Replies
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

Each release of Creator has in its documentation folder, "Help",

"Documentation", Relase Notes and Known Problems & Solutions

docs.

That is not, however, what I would consider full silicon errata.

You might post a tech case at -

www.cypress.com

“Support”

“Technical Support”

“Create a MyCase”

and ask for it.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dana,

Thank you for the reply. I will ask support for the errata.

I like PSoC but now I ask myself if it is really considered for professional use. For any serious chip I know silicon errata exists on the manufacturers website and is regularly updated.

Best regards,

Anguel

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

When you look back at the history of the PSoC5 chip you will notice a long list of erratas for the PSoC5.

All of those bugs have been successfully corrected for PSoC5 LP (some people say: the LP is the PSoC5 as it should have been). As far as I know there are no hardware issues detected by now. There have been some bugs reported (and some cvorrected) for the software which is updated more frequently than silicon.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Anguel,

I don't have the habit of looking for errata of the chip straight away until and unless I find any defects. But whenever I tried to work with any of the components of the PSoC 3/4/5LP I look at the datasheet for the component. This datasheet at the end has what the changes or the fixes the new version of the component has went through. There are fixes in every version of the component and every version of the creator released. 

The major are related to either the API support or related to the firmware but some are for the hardware as well.

Please do check them as well. I am not sure whteher you or anyone in the forum considers this as "ERRATA"

Hope this helps!!

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Anguel,

I tried looking for the errata but for vain. Did you file a tech support case? Did you get any info regarding the errata?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Thank you all for the replies. Support told me that there is no errata (or at least no official). They told me to contact them if I have some problems with the chip... Regards, Anguel   
0 Likes