OpenOCD failed

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

I have my own board equipped with SSB-WM-N01. I don't use FT2232HL because the board should be small. Instead. I use J-link to download and debug with OLIMEX-ARM-USB-TINY-H and also use CP2102 for USB-toUART. I already have SSB-WM-N01 platform file and I confirmed that the download is sucessful with OLIMEX-ARM-USB-TINY-H JTAG in BCM943362WCD4 EVAL board.

However, when I try to use J-Link to download an app to SSB-WM-N01 board, the following error is shown

"**** OpenOCD
failed - ensure you have installed the driver from the drivers directory, and
that the debugger is not running **** In Linux this may be due to USB access
permissions. In a virtual machine it may be due to USB passthrough settings.
Check in the task list that another OpenOCD process is not running.

My question is the FT2232HL should be used for downloading and if not, what the next step is to figure out this error.

Best regards,

Yongsun

0 Likes
4 Replies
SeyhanA_31
Employee
Employee
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hi,

Before downloading an app to your target, did you check that another OpenOCD process is not running?

I guess you are already using the JTAG=Olimex_ARM-USB-TINY-H.to build your app.

Eg: snip.scan-BCM943362WCD4 JTAG=Olimex_ARM-USB-TINY-H download run

Seyhan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Seyhan,

You are right. Before downloading an app to my target, I used another OpenOCD for BCM943362WCD4. How can I check the other OpenOCD process is running? I've just reboot my computer and download an appto my target without excuting another OpenOCD, but the OpenOCD fail message is shown.

Yongsun

0 Likes

Hi,

I guess you have already resolved this by checking the Task Manager to see the openocd-all-bcrm-libftdi.exe is running or not. Do you still have question?

Seyhan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, the OpenOCD problem have been already resolved. Thanks.

Yongsun

0 Likes