Antenna external for BCM20736S

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all

Pls, I have a question on BCM20736S, regards the Antenna external, i read on data sheet that exist the PIN 6 for antenna, is it correct?

So, I can to connect the antenna direct at pin specified.

Thanks a lot.

Pierluigi

0 Likes
1 Solution
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Pin 10 is designated as the external antenna pin, but the PIFA antenna is connected to it.

The new BCM20732E and BCM20736E modules support an external antenna via pin 10 (PIFA Antenna not connected).

However, there are no regulatory approvals for these modules or reference antenna designs to leverage.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Pin 10 is designated as the external antenna pin, but the PIFA antenna is connected to it.

The new BCM20732E and BCM20736E modules support an external antenna via pin 10 (PIFA Antenna not connected).

However, there are no regulatory approvals for these modules or reference antenna designs to leverage.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is It possible to have the Datasheet BCM20736E , because I saw on the DS BCM20736S that the Pin Antenna is allocate in Pin 6, as showed below.

Thaks a lot

Pierluigi

0 Likes

I need to check and see if this part is ready to be supported through the Community Website here.

In the meantime, you may also want to work with your local Broadcom distributor and sk them to set you up on Docsafe, our internal system (requires an NDA).

0 Likes