PSOC Creator CY Boot Error

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I'm using the latest PSOC Creator with CY8C5868LTI-LP039. When I try compiling a program I keep getting these two errors:

Error in component: cy_boot. The cy_boot_v3_10 component (cy_boot) is an Obsolete component. It is no longer recommended for use and should be replaced with a production version of the component (or an alternative implementation).

CyDsFit aborted due to errors, please address all errors and rerun CyDsFit.

How to fix this?

Regards

Masab

0 Likes
4 Replies
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

Take a look at this - www.cypress.com/ and on this page it shows -

Beginning with PSoC Creator 2.1, the bootloader system has been reorganized to provide more configuration options. In previous releases, the bootloader system was part of the cy_boot component (a required component that is automatically and invisibly instantiated in all designs). From PSoC  Creator 2.1 onwards the bootloader component is separated from cy_boot component and is available as a separate component in component catalogue. Please refer by CouponDropDown" id="_GPLITA_1" style="text-decoration:underline" href="https://community.cypress....Bootloader Migration’ in System Reference Guide (Help>Documentation>System Reference) to know  how to migrate your older versions of bootloader/bootloadable projects to PSoC Creator 2.1.

System Reference Guide under Creator documenation seems to be answer.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok Thank You

The issue was solved when i manually downloaded the updated version of cy_boot.

Also, the problem at hand was only for PSOC5 LP projects

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I seem to be having a similar problem. I don't understand the solution.

I have the new CY8CKITR-050 PSOC 5LP kit and I tried an example.

The example came with the kit on the CD.  I don't know where to find the invisible Cy_boot 

component. Please help.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can update the bootloader component (and all the older version of the components in PSoC Creator) by right-clicking on the workspace name in the "Wrokspace Explorer" window and selecting "update components".(Or select Project > Update Components) Select the latest version of components after clicking "Next" and say finish. This will update all the components in your design to latest versions.