How to use 5V character LCD with CT8CKIT-050 DVK?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

We can use the 5V character LCD with CY8CKIT-050 DVK remove a zero ohm resistance at R71 and place a zero ohm resistance at R72. Note that R72 is for 5V LCD operation and R71 is for 3.3V LCD operation.

Thanks,

Thinkle

0 Likes
4 Replies
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

If you think repeating the manual fpr this board here in the forum, maybe repeat it in full. You missed the warning that when changing  to 5V mode, one should never ever put a 3.3V display in the socket...

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am using PSOC 5lp Cy8CKIT-050. I tried to interface the LCD at PORT D section (P2(6:0) not in the on board LCD socket). Instead of replacing R71 to R72. I am getting on board output is 4.65v while using 5v (by interchanging J11 and J10 jumper). Any one help me what is my mistake. Pls soon to reply me. 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Any one pls help me for the above question. I want to interface the 5v lcd jhd 162a with psoc 5lp in port D section. I failed to display again and again. 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally i found the mistake of mine. The problem is with the wire connection. So i insert the wire properly and I displayed the message which i want to display to jhd 162 a LCD using PSoC 4200 BLE. 

0 Likes