Stumbling on a Building Project

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Everyone     

I am stumbling on a Building project.     

I am using my component, however there are these API routines in the project but     

UNDEFINED REFERENCE ERROR had occure.     

API routines have prefix of instance name of module.     

Until now, this project was build successfully but     

I had make some changes, after then the problem has become happening.     

Device is PSoC5LP, Creator 2.2sp1     

Someone have any suggestion, please let me know.     

--------------- Build Started: 09/22/2013 13:09:46 Project: P5LP_BL, Configuration: ARM GCC 4.4.1 Debug ---------------     

The code generation step is up to date.     

arm-none-eabi-gcc.exe -I. -Wno-main -I./Generated_Source/PSoC5 -mcpu=cortex-m3 -mthumb -Wall      

-g -D DEBUG -Wa,-alh=.\CortexM3\ARM_GCC_441\Debug\main.lst -O2 -ffunction-sections -c .\main.c -o .\CortexM3\ARM_GCC_441\Debug\main.o     

arm-none-eabi-ar.exe -rs .\CortexM3\ARM_GCC_441\Debug\P5LP_BL.a .\CortexM3\ARM_GCC_441\Debug\LED1.o .\CortexM3\ARM_GCC_441\Debug\LED2.o      

.\CortexM3\ARM_GCC_441\Debug\LED4.o .\CortexM3\ARM_GCC_441\Debug\LED8.o .\CortexM3\ARM_GCC_441\Debug\GND1.o      

.\CortexM3\ARM_GCC_441\Debug\GND2.o .\CortexM3\ARM_GCC_441\Debug\GND4.o .\CortexM3\ARM_GCC_441\Debug\GND8.o      

.\CortexM3\ARM_GCC_441\Debug\Bootloadable.o .\CortexM3\ARM_GCC_441\Debug\core_cm3.o .\CortexM3\ARM_GCC_441\Debug\CyBootAsmGnu.o      

.\CortexM3\ARM_GCC_441\Debug\CyDmac.o .\CortexM3\ARM_GCC_441\Debug\CyFlash.o .\CortexM3\ARM_GCC_441\Debug\CyLib.o .\CortexM3\ARM_GCC_441\Debug\cyPm.o      

.\CortexM3\ARM_GCC_441\Debug\CySpc.o .\CortexM3\ARM_GCC_441\Debug\cyutils.o .\CortexM3\ARM_GCC_441\Debug\ControlReg.o      

.\CortexM3\ARM_GCC_441\Debug\DDS_DDS.o .\CortexM3\ARM_GCC_441\Debug\PinSignal.o .\CortexM3\ARM_GCC_441\Debug\DDS_StatusPhase.o      

.\CortexM3\ARM_GCC_441\Debug\DDsClock.o .\CortexM3\ARM_GCC_441\Debug\DDS_iDAC.o .\CortexM3\ARM_GCC_441\Debug\DDS_iDAC_PM.o      

.\CortexM3\ARM_GCC_441\Debug\DDS_ControlPhase4.o .\CortexM3\ARM_GCC_441\Debug\DDS_ControlPhase3.o .\CortexM3\ARM_GCC_441\Debug\DDS_ControlPhase2.o      

.\CortexM3\ARM_GCC_441\Debug\DDS_ControlPhase1.o .\CortexM3\ARM_GCC_441\Debug\DDS_ControlStrobe.o .\CortexM3\ARM_GCC_441\Debug\cyfitter_cfg.o     

arm-none-eabi-ar.exe: creating .\CortexM3\ARM_GCC_441\Debug\P5LP_BL.a     

arm-none-eabi-gcc.exe -mthumb -march=armv7-m -mfix-cortex-m3-ldrd -T .\Generated_Source\PSoC5\cm3gcc.ld -Wl,-Map,     

.\CortexM3\ARM_GCC_441\Debug\P5LP_BL.map -Wl,--start-group -o .\CortexM3\ARM_GCC_441\Debug\P5LP_BL.elf .\CortexM3\ARM_GCC_441\Debug\main.o .\CortexM3\ARM_GCC_441\Debug\Cm3Start.o      

.\CortexM3\ARM_GCC_441\Debug\P5LP_BL.a "D:\Program Files\CyPRESS\PSoC Creator\2.2\PSoC Creator\psoc\content\cycomponentlibrary\CyComponentLibrary.cylib\CortexM3\ARM_GCC_441\Debug\CyComponentLibrary.a" -Wl,--end-group     

.\CortexM3\ARM_GCC_441\Debug\P5LP_BL.a(DDS_DDS.o): In function `DDS_SetFrequency':     

H:\Desktop\@PSoC3\@P4\P5LP_BL\P5LP_BL.cydsn/.\Generated_Source\PSoC5/DDS_DDS.c:26: undefined reference to `DDS_ControlStrobe_Write'     

H:\Desktop\@PSoC3\@P4\P5LP_BL\P5LP_BL.cydsn/.\Generated_Source\PSoC5/DDS_DDS.c:30: undefined reference to `DDS_ControlPhase1_Write'     

H:\Desktop\@PSoC3\@P4\P5LP_BL\P5LP_BL.cydsn/.\Generated_Source\PSoC5/DDS_DDS.c:31: undefined reference to `DDS_ControlPhase2_Write'     

H:\Desktop\@PSoC3\@P4\P5LP_BL\P5LP_BL.cydsn/.\Generated_Source\PSoC5/DDS_DDS.c:32: undefined reference to `DDS_ControlPhase3_Write'     

H:\Desktop\@PSoC3\@P4\P5LP_BL\P5LP_BL.cydsn/.\Generated_Source\PSoC5/DDS_DDS.c:33: undefined reference to `DDS_ControlPhase4_Write'     

H:\Desktop\@PSoC3\@P4\P5LP_BL\P5LP_BL.cydsn/.\Generated_Source\PSoC5/DDS_DDS.c:35: undefined reference to `DDS_ControlStrobe_Write'     

H:\Desktop\@PSoC3\@P4\P5LP_BL\P5LP_BL.cydsn/.\Generated_Source\PSoC5/DDS_DDS.c:37: undefined reference to `DDS_ControlStrobe_Write'     

.\CortexM3\ARM_GCC_441\Debug\P5LP_BL.a(DDS_DDS.o): In function `DDS_Start':     

H:\Desktop\@PSoC3\@P4\P5LP_BL\P5LP_BL.cydsn/.\Generated_Source\PSoC5/DDS_DDS.c:9: undefined reference to `DDS_ControlStrobe_Write'     

H:\Desktop\@PSoC3\@P4\P5LP_BL\P5LP_BL.cydsn/.\Generated_Source\PSoC5/DDS_DDS.c:10: undefined reference to `DDS_ControlPhase1_Write'     

The command 'arm-none-eabi-gcc.exe' failed with exit code '1'.      

H:\Desktop\@PSoC3\@P4\P5LP_BL\P5LP_BL.cydsn/.\Generated_Source\PSoC5/DDS_DDS.c:11: undefined reference to `DDS_ControlPhase2_Write'     

H:\Desktop\@PSoC3\@P4\P5LP_BL\P5LP_BL.cydsn/.\Generated_Source\PSoC5/DDS_DDS.c:12: undefined reference to `DDS_ControlPhase3_Write'     

H:\Desktop\@PSoC3\@P4\P5LP_BL\P5LP_BL.cydsn/.\Generated_Source\PSoC5/DDS_DDS.c:13: undefined reference to `DDS_ControlPhase4_Write'     

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status     

--------------- Build Failed: 09/22/2013 13:09:54 ---------------     

// sorry for long listing ///      

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked
        I assume you have the code generated anew in opposite to the firstlines of your listing. I have seen errors like yours when the fitter removes unconnected hardware-parts from the design to which other parts (even internal ones!) refer to. Check your wiring and connect unused input-pins to an unused pin (digital high or low will be optimized out) and proceed with outputs similarily.   

Bob ^^^^^^^^^^   

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
        I assume you have the code generated anew in opposite to the firstlines of your listing. I have seen errors like yours when the fitter removes unconnected hardware-parts from the design to which other parts (even internal ones!) refer to. Check your wiring and connect unused input-pins to an unused pin (digital high or low will be optimized out) and proceed with outputs similarily.   

Bob ^^^^^^^^^^   
0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

The key question is: what did you change to make it stop working? Can you undo these changes, and get it working again?

Anonymous
Not applicable
        Mr.Bob Marlowe is right almost   
This is very complex problem, I'm using Verilog module.   
These control register were connected to that input   
And Synthesis optimizer has remove these registers and APIs   
Nonetheless still I need it actually.   

So on, I have to consider another design that have no problem.   
Thank you.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hi HLi   
Yes I have a back up and can be roll back to last status but   
Improvement also need to do.   
What improvement? I have increase these registers from 2 to 4   
Thank you.   
0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
        @PSoC73, leve out the "Mr", I am "Bob"   
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you migrated the project from some older version of Creator to new version of Creator?

If you can share the project with us, then attach the project with this post and we will try to remove the error and will let you know the rootcause of problem.