CY7C68013A without e2prom displays unknown device

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have made a board about CY7C68013A without e2prom a few days ago, and I want to know whether it can work,  so i link it to computer, and  displays unknown device, but I look the properity ,it can display VID as  04B4  PID as 8613, so I ask for help, and somebody tell me that EZ-USB  Interface  under CyConsole software can test whether USB can work, I download ,setup  and find it cann't even find the device, and can't touch any button,butcomputer device manager can read PID and VID, so I guess  if the driver is not right, I read the PDF and do as what it writes, change  cyusb.inf's VID PID , and  link the driver dir to cyusb.sys, but  it still can't find the device, by the way  I try XP and WIN7 both.  So if anybody know how to slove the problem, I will really be appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi ,

CY7C68013A enumerates with default VID/PID 04B4/8613 if it is not programmed. Download CY3684 DVK from the link http://www.cypress.com/?rID=14321. and use the drivers provided in the path C:/Cypress/USB/CY3684_EZ_USB_FX2LP_DVK/1.0/drivers.

Choose the appropriate folder according to your Operating system. No need to edit the inf files in these folders for default VID/PID.

Cypress Suite  USB 3.4.7 can also be used.

If you are still getting the error, please share the screen shot of the same.

Regards,

Vikas

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

by the way, the software version is Cypress Suite  USB 3.4.7  , is that the correct version??

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi ,

CY7C68013A enumerates with default VID/PID 04B4/8613 if it is not programmed. Download CY3684 DVK from the link http://www.cypress.com/?rID=14321. and use the drivers provided in the path C:/Cypress/USB/CY3684_EZ_USB_FX2LP_DVK/1.0/drivers.

Choose the appropriate folder according to your Operating system. No need to edit the inf files in these folders for default VID/PID.

Cypress Suite  USB 3.4.7 can also be used.

If you are still getting the error, please share the screen shot of the same.

Regards,

Vikas

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

The problem is resolved,  I think  I download the wrong driver, and my friend send me  the correct driver, and  it displays  E2PROM missing  correctly , thank you ~   

0 Likes