Peak Detection

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I read the application note regard peak detection on the PSoC (AN60321) and the Peak and Hold method is exactly what I am looking for, only problem is I can't get it to work at a frequency faster then 4 MHz which it says is due to the mixer being used (The LO cannot exceed 4 MHz). I am trying to measure the peak voltage of a pulse that is about 3 microseconds in duration so I get about 12 samples per pulse (3 microseconds/250 nanoseconds).

Is there any way to get around the 4 MHz macimum LO, or is there an altogether better way to detect peaks at higher frequencies?

0 Likes
41 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I am having a hard time with the trough detection and I may just drop it altogether =/

You would think it would be the same as the peak detection except when doing the binary search stuff.

Where you would add to find the peak you should subtract to find the trough and visa versa, or so I though. Not having much luck with it actually doing that though.

Anyways this code should still find the peak and once it can it oscillates around the peak +-  until the signal goes out of that range. So far it detects the peak of 3.5 uS pulses that are coming in at a rate of 66 pps however it takes a while to find the pulse as it only updates the VDAC whenever a pulse is detected. Otherwise the VDAC will center around the baseline of the signal.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

in the project what is the input to pin 2

0 Likes