CY7C68013A and error code 997

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am beginning to use a CY7C68013A , It's connected to a FPGA Altera Cyclone (I), I've connected the USB Chip to the computer and I've modified the cyusb.inf file using the VID=04B4 and PID=8613 (default), in the device manager it's seems OK,  but  i have noticed that when i change VID or PID to a different value still in  the device manager it's OK,.

I've used "USB Control Center" to send some bytes to the USB Chip (default firmware)  but it doesn't work , it gives the  message :

BULK OUT transfer
BULK OUT transfer failed with Error Code:997

Should it work?or i need to program a different firmware??

Then i have tried with the example "Designing with EZ-USB FX2LP Slave FIFO Interface using FPGA " (just used slave.hex)

and the Device manager shows the VID= 04B4 and PID=00F1, I've modified the "cyusb.inf" file usind the new VID and PID, but the Device manager of my windows 7 shows :

The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)
The install class is not present or is invalid.
To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver.

So, i've tried update the driver using the driver from  C:\Cypress\Cypress Suite USB 3.4.7\Driver\bin\wlh\x64  (It's same path of cyusb.inf)

"The install class is not present or is invalid" (look in DevManager.png)

I hope someone can help me.

thanks in advance

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

As the Endpoint is quad buffered, FX2LP can receive four 512 Bytes packets even the fpga is not reading the data from the endpoint buffers. Please  go through the application note AN61345 in the following link http://www.cypress.com/?docID=47018.

Regards,

Vikas.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
18 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi 

Try with the inf file in the path  C:/Cypress/USB/CY3684_EZ_USB_FX2LP_DVK./1.0/Drivers/cyusbfx1_fx2lp/wlh-win7 and choose the appropriate folder based on your Operating system.

Regards,

Vikas.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi ,

FX2LP enumerates with default descriptors. So in the "Control centre", you can see the OUT and IN end points for different alternate settings. But the endpoints are not configured, because there is no firmware inside FX2LP. So program FX2LP with some firmware and then only you can able to send or receive data.

Regards,

Vikas.

0 Likes
lock attach
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, thanks your answer Vikas, i've followed your suggestions, i've changed the path C:/Cypress/USB/CY3684_EZ_USB_FX2LP_DVK./1.0/Drivers/cyusbfx1_fx2lp/wlh-win7, and when i change the values VID and PID and re-connect the usb chip , there's no problem, and according to you about the endpoints are not configured, you are rigth,

The chip that i'm using was bought approx 2005 (in a board), and that moment it was used to work with windows xp, (it works well), but now I'm using it to use with windows 7,

I have two file .hex , one is from  2005 (it works well in windows xp) and the another is from the example "Designing with EZ-USB FX2LP Slave FIFO Interface using FPGA " (slave.hex), when i use the "USB Control Center" and i program the RAM with the both files .hex, The device manager is OK, but the USB Control Center's panel it's blank, (USBControlEmpty.png)

Until now i've just connect the power supply and usb cable , but i didn't program the FPGA that generates the  external clk ( i think it's only for the FIFO interface), do you think it's the reason for the USB Control Center's panel is blank?

do you think that the problem might be that the chip it's too old for Windows 7?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've attached the firmwares that i've used ,

USB_IN8.hex   => (2005, it works well in windows xp)

slave.hex   => from Designing with EZ-USB FX2LP Slave FIFO Interface using FPGA

If  you can test them , It would be great, thank in advance

regards ,

akael

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Please check whether the device enumerated properply or not. Please share the screen shot of the device manager the .hex files which you are using..

Regards,

Vikas

0 Likes
lock attach
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi, I've attached the firmwares,

Now. i was trying again programm few time the firmware frrom the example "Designing with EZ-USB FX2LP Slave FIFO Interface using FPGA" and it works now, but i don't what i could do to make it works??

well, now i will try with the USB_IN8.hex ,

How can i check that the device was enumerated properply?

Do you know how can I attach more than one files?

Do you know how can i receive a message when there's a new answer?

0 Likes
lock attach
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi, I've attached the firmwares

i was trying again program the firmware frrom the example "Designing with EZ-USB FX2LP Slave FIFO Interface using FPGA" and it works well, but i don't know what i did?,

well, now i will try with the USB_IN8.hex ,

How can i check that the device was enumerated properply?

Do you know how can I attach more than one files?

Do you know how can i receive a message when there's a new answer?

0 Likes
lock attach
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI, again , i've atteched some captures , i've used the USB_IN8.hex.

thanks for your help

akael

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi 

I have tried with the USB_IN8.hex. The device didn't appear in the Control centre. The reason is, in the interface descriptor, the number of endpoints are mentioned as four, but only two endpoint descriptors are provided. If you change the value of number of endpoints in the interface descriptors to the correct value, then the device will appear in the control centre. Please try the suggested modifications.

Regards,

Vikas.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Vikas,

thanks for your answer,

how could you see the interface descriptors?, in the Device manager? , the modifications that you suggested shoud be in firmware? I don't have the project files, I have only the USB_IN8.hex.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I've used a software to check the USB device and i've seen that you mentioned about the numbers of endpoints and the endpoints described , well, because of I don't have the files,well, i will use star with the example "Designing with EZ-USB FX2LP Slave FIFO Interface using FPGA", but I had some issues , When i download the slave.hex and send data ( data or 512_Count.hex ) to the device it works well,

but I could notice that from the fifth data transfer appear "error code 997"

Did you have this issue with the slave.hex?

Regards,

akael

Note: slave.hex is included in Firmware8.zip in a previous message

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi ,

I have checked the descriptors in the USBlyzer. The descriptors are to be changed in the firmware (dscr.a51 file).

As you have mentioned that that FPGA altera cyclone is connected to FX2Lp, But the firmware provided with AN61345 "Designing with EZ-USB FX2LP™ Slave FIFO Interface using FPGA" is for spartan 6. May I know which file that you have used to program FPGA?

I assume that  you are sending data to EP2. it is configured as quad buffered in the frimware and you are getting error at the fifth time, i think the data in the EP2 is not read by the FPGA. Please modify the FPGA code according to your hardware.

Regards,

Vikas.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

You mean that the device can receive four data transfers even though the four buffers are not full, rigth?, and they will be available after have been read, ok thanks i will  check it, thanks

regards

akael

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

As the Endpoint is quad buffered, FX2LP can receive four 512 Bytes packets even the fpga is not reading the data from the endpoint buffers. Please  go through the application note AN61345 in the following link http://www.cypress.com/?docID=47018.

Regards,

Vikas.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have converted the Spartan FPGA FIFO Verilog to remove all the Xilinx specific code. I've used it personally and tried it with the control center. You should receive data that incrementes from 0x00 to 0xFF. Hope it helps.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

And I forgot to post the link! http://www.edaplayground.com/x/Mh

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I have met the same problem with you. Idon't know if my verilog code or firmwire is wrong.

How did you solve the problem at last?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello! I have the same problem for fx3. OS Windows 7 - x64. I try use basic example srammaster from SDK 1.3.3. FPGA have one bidirectional bus (data) and input signals in this project No outputs. CyControl works properly in write mode (HOST -> CYUSB), but I show error code 997. Please help!

0 Likes