Invoking the WICED Sense Buzzer?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

I have gotten an app to read the sensor data from the WICED Sense! 

Keep in mind, I have not over-written the firmware on the WICED Sense kit.  I'm reading the data generated by the sensors via the default (out of the box) firmware.

So now I'm trying to understand how to write write data back - I'm particularly interested in trying to initiate the buzzer on the device.  My current app writes some data back to turn on notifications (that is, I sent a '1' to the notification characteristic UUID) to turn on the sensors and start sending data to my app.  So I'm wondering if a similar method can be used to initiate the buzzer?

If so - does anyone know the characteristic UUID and data required to invoke the buzzer on the WICED Sense kit? Or do I have to write a specific configuration value to the config characteristic?  ..do I have to change the default firmware to do this?

...sorry if the question is basic, I'm a newbie...   thanks in advance!  -Mike

0 Likes
1 Solution
BoonT_56
Employee
Employee
500 likes received 250 likes received 100 likes received

i would like to invite you the below dedicated blog on sense. You may want to take a focus on the sense code walk thru. There may be some useful info there.

WICED SENSE Kit BLOG

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
BoonT_56
Employee
Employee
500 likes received 250 likes received 100 likes received

i would like to invite you the below dedicated blog on sense. You may want to take a focus on the sense code walk thru. There may be some useful info there.

WICED SENSE Kit BLOG

0 Likes