CY7C64215-28PVXC - "unknown Device"

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hello! I'm using cy7c64215-28PVXC to make a mouse, but when I connect the chip in my computer, it recognizes like a unknown device, I have W8. how can I fix this error?   
0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please use 22 Ohms instead of 240 Ohms and test.

It should work.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
17 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hi , Please share your firmware. I will share a test project for your reference shortly. Thanks, -Anandh   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for answering my post, I have attached my project, I did the example Project that is on USB Module datasheet, I have proved   this project in W7 and it didnt  work either,  and I prove either in W vista and it worked corectly, but I am interested in doing this application in my  W8.

Thanks

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Your project isnt attached. Please try attaching the project again or try using Mozilla browser to attach the project.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        I´m Sorry Here is my Code. Thanks   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hello, I attached my code but it isn't attached, I read how attached mi file I hope this work   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

hello I'm sorry for a lot of post empty but I can´t I attach my code i will try to submit with mozilla

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hi, Try attaching zip file, if you are trying any other format like rar, from Mozilla. If you are still unable to attach, then you may create a tech support case and one of our engineers can assist through. Regards, Gayathri   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't attach my code I'll try again, How can I do a Tech support case?

Thanks

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to Cypress.com->Support & community -> Technical support -> Create a case

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi ,

Please find an example project attached.

Program your device with the hex file and connect it to your PC.

It will enumerate as a HID class device and the mouse cursor will start moving from the left to right and right to left and so on.

You can use this project as reference to build your project.

If you have problems in creating a case, you can email your firmware to ankc@cypress.com

Thanks,

-Anandh

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello

I made the same project, I proved the code that you attached, and appear this error "A request for the USB device descriptor failed." code 10

Thanks for your reply

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this problem specific to Windows 8 ?

Can you please test it in Windows 7 and XP ? 

Also please provide me the details of your hardware.Please share your schematics.

If you have problems in attaching it here, email me directly ankc@cypress.com.

-Anandh

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello I proved In 2 laptos with w8 and my computer with w7 and it doesn´t work, but when I proved in windows vista it work perfect, I use the configuration in the show in the datasheet i Only change the Resistance by 220 (In the datasheet is 240) and I use .1uF for the capacitor 

I attached The image of configuration 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please use 22 Ohms instead of 240 Ohms and test.

It should work.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Sorry for the late reply

I changed the resistence for 22 ohms and  now works perfectly but why afect the value of resistence?
🙂  thank you Anandhakumar

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Resistance on the datalines matter. It can increas the rise\fall time of the signal and can attenuate the signal as well.

-PRJI

0 Likes