PSoC Creator 3 and Bootloader problems

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm developed a project in PSoC Creator  3.0 Component Pack 7 (3.0.0.1539) and then I wanted to make it bootloadable like I previously did in past.

I create a new project and I set it as Bootloader project, I put the Bootloader component and the UART one into the project, I set all the parameters (buffer 64 byte), I set the pins TX and RX, ect...

In the other project I set it as Bootloadable project, I put the Bootloadable component and I set the dependencies.

Then I programmed the PSoC 5 with the Bootloader project, then with the Bootloader Host in the PSoC Creator I tried to program the cyacd  file of the bootloadable project, but after the process, in the PSoC starts always the bootloader and not the bootloader project.

I did this procedure in the past and it works well, but now with the PSoC Creator 3 and this new projects it doesn't...can someone helps me please?

0 Likes
5 Replies
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

This might apply -

http://www.cypress.com/?app=forum&id=2492&rID=89260

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

unfortunately I already tried to do what is explained in that thread and it didn't work

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

Either post an archive of the project for forum to take a look at -

“File”

“Create Workspace Bundle”

or file a CASE -

www.cypress.com

“Support”

“Technical Support”

“Create a Case”

You have to be registered on Cypress web site first.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dana,

thanks for your reply,

I discovered a interesting thing:

I created a very simple Bootloader project  with UART component (I use a max232 in the PCB), and a very simple(without components) Bootloadable project, and it works. 

So I opened my bootloadable project and I removed one component for time and tried to  do the bootload...

It didn't work...until...I removed the UART component in the bootloadable project! It's very strange, you could try to implement a very simple bootloadable project and put a UART component, and try the same project without UART component...

Why this behavior?

Please help me...

Best regards

Antonio

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everybody,

I searched in this forum someone with my problem and I founded this thread:

http://www.cypress.com/?app=forum&id=2233&rID=90252

And the problem is solved un-checking the option"Store Configuration Data in ECC Memory", to do this click the System Tab of the .cydwr file-> Configuration-> Store Configuration Data in ECC Memory.

Anyway I haven't this problem with the previous version of PSoC Creator, so I don't know what's happened.

I'm very sorry if I post the same problem, but I didn't find the thread before. Anyway I hope this could be helpful for someone.

Best regard

Antonio

0 Likes