Looking to hire someone to complete firmware in Seattle

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Moderators, please let me know if there is a more appropriate place to post this question:

I need to create some firmware for a project and realizing that I will not finish myself.  It involves:

Free RTOS

Temperature measurement and PID Control

Counting pulses and measuring frequesncy from same

Several digital imputs

Several Digital outputs

PWM 

Several cases structures (state machine)

Stepper motors (with drivers so only pulses from PSoC)

Future: 4.3" display with touch screen and Bluetooth to Android

This would be a paid project and could start right away.  It would be great if you were in Seattle but in the end it really does not matter.

Processor is PSoC 4 (pioneer kit) or PSoC 5.

Thanks,

Bill

0 Likes
7 Replies
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

Take a look at the design partner program -

http://www.cypress.com/?id=1088&source=support

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I looked here and contacted a few of the partners.  Did not find anyone that could do the project.  So I wanted to ask the community if there was someone that might want to do it in their "spare time".  

Any other suggestions to find a PSoC developer?  I really want to use the PSoC platform but it is turning out to be difficult to find someone that can develop firmware for this.

Bill

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

I'm quite sure that your request of RTOS on a pioneer board and the modules you will implement will be too tough. Better start on a PSoC5 and when prototype is ready try to shrink to PSoc4 if possible.

Programming & testing a PID is rather time-consuming

What is your estmated manpower needed?

What is your timeline?

Bob

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

Another possibility would be to call local Cypress Regional Sales Manager, and/or

the Field Applications Engineer, and ask them if there is any local consulting company

they would recommend.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Dana,

I have tried the Engineers but not the sales managers.  I will look this up today.  Thanks.

Bill

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bob,

Thanks for the input.  I have Free RTOS on the PSoC 4 now but have not tried to load the TFT library.  I can Tune the PID pretty quickly since I have done several similar systems.  But yes, it can be a bear if you are just starting on a new system.  

I was just planning to pick up some PSoC 5 boards (FreeSoC version).  Mostly because of the High resolution ADC Maybe enought room for the TFT also?

Bill

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

The $99 development kit for PSoC5 (get your kicks here: www.cypress.com/ ) uses the largest chip availlable and it has got all you may need: ADC with 20bit resolution, fast SARs, lots of resources, PLD-logic design, HDL definable logic (if you'd like), 24 DataPath UDBs with each a programmable ALU and 2 FIFOs, USB-based debugging capabilities as breakpoints, variable inspection and call-stack analyze.

Bob

0 Likes