microSD Card (emfile) and Serial RAM on the same SPI lines

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all,

my design holds microSD card (working with emfile) and Serial RAM (connected to the same SPI lines as microSD card).

My question is how can I assign same pins to both emfile and SPI Master?

Whenever I set pins for emfile (in Pin Editor), pins for SPI Master get deselected and vice versa. Is there something basic that I am missing?

Regards

0 Likes
7 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

The datasheet for the emFile component states that the pins are not accessable. To find a way out you''ll have to ask Cypress.

Create a MyCase (Top of this page Support&Community -> Technical Support -> Create a MyCase)

Bob

PS Would be kind if you keep us informed.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Support Case created.

Will post their findings/solutions here (if there will be any)

Regards

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Oh, there WILL be an answer. So far as I can see the only way out will be to re-write the emFile component to gain access to the "buried" pins. Did you already have a look into the "Component Author Guide" to become comfortable with the process?

Additionally there are some videos concerning that matter: video.cypress.com/video-library/search/component/

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

problem solved by awesome Cypress Support, not even that they suggested solution, but they modified the emFile component accordingly and send it to me (and I was already prepared to waste certain amount of time to figure out how to modify component).

With modified emFile component (MISO, MOSI and SCLK pins revealed), it is just a matter of couple of multiplexers / demultiplexers to select which device(SPI) will be active.

Modified component is in the attachment.

Best Regards

0 Likes
ViDv_264506
Level 5
Level 5
50 sign-ins 25 sign-ins 5 solutions authored

Hi, please, can you post the modified sourcecode here. No attachments ..... Do not use Chrome, upload problems persist.

Vik

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Thank you very much for sharing your experiences with us!

Bob

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

2nd attempt at adding attachment

0 Likes