matrix capsense

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hello I made My own PCB with matrix buttons but one column and one row does not work and I don´t know why the row and colom that doesn't work is SW2 and SW7, I attached my Project   
0 Likes
8 Replies
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

Your project did not upload.

Do noit use chrome, use Internet Explorer or Firefox to attach projects.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hello Dana here is my code   
0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

I had a look into your project and cannot see any issues. Can it be a soldering problem or a routing error?

It could make sense to write a testprogram to access each of the pins you used and check with a scope.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hello Bob thanks for check my Project, I had been check my PCB design and when I touch the pin before the button for colum 3 it doesn´t work but if I touch another they work perfect I don´t know if this pin does not work   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        How can I check if a Pin work?   
0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Since it is rather uncommon that a pin fails I suspect something like a short.

Write a complete new project, define the pin under test as an LED - module and toggle the pin in a loop.

Measure with a scope or a logic analyzer that this pin has an alternating signal (and only that pin, no other!!!).

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Ok. I chek if the PCB have a short and test the pin   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hello I check my pcb and i have a short in my sw7 button but I don't found a error in sw2 so I decided make another PCB and work Perfect 🙂 thanks!!   
0 Likes