LCD with ADC doesnt work

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hello I am using the ADCINC (first chooseable in PSOC designer) and the LCD together. I can get each of them to work, also with the same settings in the global resources. But only 1 can be turned on in main, else it wont work. I use the CY8C29466-24PXI from the cheap developers kit. My guess is that I have some issues with the speed, cause ADC is slow, but what can I do? Can I make LCD and some other ADC work? Can I give em other speeds? Thanks in advance   
0 Likes
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which LCD are you using? Can you please attach the code file?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

How about upload your project here so we can have a look.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Yes ofcourse I will. I just lost the project somehow. I need to remake it. I will be back quickly. Ty   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        What the-.... now it seems to work... hmmm And it works perfectly 😄 omg so nice. Now I can read my 8 bit adc output on my LCD display I love PSOC. But I have seriously... no idea why it didn't work. I will try and figure out why. Ty anyway. If you still want project then I upload it.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good to hear that.

I would suggest to check if some cold joint or bad contact. Also check if possible a endless software loop.

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

Some thoughts -

1) Are you using shadow registers on ports where you are doing read modify

writes to ? If not you will get unpredictable behaviours in you code.

http://www.cypress.com/?rID=2900

2) Any floating or high z inputs picking up noise, coupling.....?

3) Any ground bounce in system. Use a DSO and look at each pin with DSO

set for pk - pk infinite persistance.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes