WICED Sense Schematic contradicts BCM20737S Datasheet

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have few questions regarding BCM20737S module.

From the datasheet (20737S-DS100-R.pdf):

Pin18 and P26 have internal pull down 10K resistors and P38 is no connect (NC).

But from WICED SENSE schematic, Pin18 and P26 have external 10K pull down resistors (redundant)  and P38 is grounded.

Please verify the internal 10K Pull downs and that Pin 38 should be NC (or Grounded)

Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

The external Pull-downs on Pin 18 (UART_RX) and Pin 26 (TMC) are to ensure that the correct state is asserted during power up. These are optional, but we use them internally as failsafe mechanism (i.e. we always add the
the 2 pull downs in all of our 2073XS based designs)

Pin 38 is not connected to the die internally, so we updated the datasheet recently to state NC vs. GND.

There is another thread here that talks about this pin: Re: BCM20732S pin migration to BCM20736S

myliu j.t

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

The external Pull-downs on Pin 18 (UART_RX) and Pin 26 (TMC) are to ensure that the correct state is asserted during power up. These are optional, but we use them internally as failsafe mechanism (i.e. we always add the
the 2 pull downs in all of our 2073XS based designs)

Pin 38 is not connected to the die internally, so we updated the datasheet recently to state NC vs. GND.

There is another thread here that talks about this pin: Re: BCM20732S pin migration to BCM20736S

myliu j.t

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a Note:  A pull-down resistor on P18 is entirely redundant for any of the Modules('S') versions as there is already a pull-down internally.

Regards,

Frank

0 Likes